MMSM

Our Mandate

Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba (MMSM) is an industry-funded, non-profit organization that operates a province-wide recycling program for packaging and printed paper, in accordance with the Packaging and Printed Paper Stewardship Regulation.

To help fund the program, industry stewards must pay levies on a broad range of packaging materials and printed paper, including newspapers and magazines, coffee cups and aluminum cans. These levies cover 80 percent of the cost of recycling programs for packaging and printed paper; municipalities pay the remaining 20 percent.

If you are a steward wanting to register or report, click here.

If you are a municipality, click here.

If you want more information on Blue Box programs in your community, visit SimplyRecycle.ca