Policy for Steward-Initiated Adjustment Requests
Change Primary Contact
To change your company’s primary contact information, stewards must provide CSSA with a completed Primary Contact Authorization Form. For more information please contact Steward Services on 1-888-980-9549 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
File a Report
Reporting Checklist – Do you have the following information?
- Types of Designated Packaging and Printed Paper materials that your organization sold or distributed and that are managed in the province’s municipal residential waste system
- Weight and units of the empty Designated Packaging and Printed Paper associated with these products and services and/or the amount sold or distributed
- Understanding of the products and Designated Packaging and Printed Paper materials that are exempted
- Verification of whether your company can apply any deductions to your filing and documentation of these calculations upon request
- The method your organization used to calculate these weights
- The brand names, trademarks and/or publication titles for which you have reported Designated Packaging and Printed Paper
Then submit the completed Steward’s Report with all of the aforementioned information.
Reporting Deadline – May 31, 2020
Quarterly Payment Schedule:
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have extended the reporting deadline by 60 days. Reports of PPP data may now be submitted to the WeRecycle Portal up to July 31, 2020, rather than the regular May 31 deadline. The two-year adjustment period for 2018 reports has also been extended to July 31, 2020 from the regular adjustment deadline of May 31, 2020.
Please visit our Steward News page for more information.
Annual Payment Schedule:
- Deadline to submit a completed Voluntary Steward Agreement is no later than December 1 each year.
- Deadline to cancel your Voluntary Steward Agreement is December 1 each year.
Stewards who wish to use calculators need to submit an application demonstrating that their organization meets the criteria for which the calculators are designed.
For more information and to apply for use:
- Download the Calculator Application Form.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Steward List 2020
MMSM maintains a list of registered companies and approved voluntary stewards. Stewards can use this list to identify if their Manitoba based vendors are compliant with the WRAP Act and/or if out of province brand owners have volunteered to become the Obligated Steward on behalf of the First Importer in Manitoba.
A change log is also included below, allowing you to easily identify any changes to last year’s list and reason for the change.
IMPORTANT: if you use this list to check to see if your suppliers are registered you must check the list for every year as not all companies are approved as Voluntary Steward for all years.
Please note that there are a number of stewards that have expressed an interest in registering as a voluntary steward in Manitoba but they require some additional time to complete their Voluntary Steward contracts. For those stewards we are offering an extension of about one week to allow them to complete the process, after which the list will be refreshed.
Please call Steward Services at 1-888-980-9549 if you have any questions about the process.
Are you aware of unregistered stewards?
MMSM welcomes information to identify unregistered stewards. Please check first that the organization is not registered by checking the steward lists above. If an organization appears to be obligated and is not registered, there are two ways you can let us know:
Contact us via email
Or anonymously complete the below form with details about the company you are reporting:
Any person who elects to volunteer to be a Steward of DPPP, which otherwise would be the responsibility of another Steward, shall be deemed a Steward upon execution of a contract with MMSM.
For more information and terms and conditions on becoming a Voluntary Steward, companies should review the Voluntary Steward Agreement.
National Voluntary Steward Policy
To bring further harmonization to packaging and printed paper stewardship programs, a Voluntary Steward Policy has been developed for stewardship programs in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.